Sorry about the inconvenience, but I’m moving my blog back to my personal site, since wordpress.com doesn’t allow a lot of plugins or added features, despite being pretty cool for hosting.
The good thing is that wordpress.com lets you export YOUR OWN DATA to migrate somewhere else. If only more sites did that! Also, now wordpress.org instances will upgrade with one click, which makes it a lot better than hosting one’s own blog before and trying to upgrade, which was always kind of stressful.
So now I can do the Facebook Graph thing…and use Disqus commenting instead. Among other things.
Anyway, please point your Google Readers and RSS skimmers towards http://blog.benturner.com/ for now. Thanks!
Things I did in 2009 (in no particular order):
- Ran my first marathon with Dina, Rose, and Dan, in Charlottesville, VA.
- Earned my Master’s in Foreign Service from Georgetown.
- Got an awesome job as a social media operations analyst.
- Started the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults process to become a Catholic and Christian.
- Moved into my first solo apartment.
- Went to Jamaica and the Bahamas.
- Went to Future of Web Apps Miami 2009.
What I plan to accomplish in 2010:
- Become baptized as a Catholic and Christian. (will happen at Easter)
- Volunteer to help women in need and the homeless.
- Play the lottery every week (I already know what I want to do but just need the capital).
- Go to Future of Web Apps Miami 2010. (already booked)
- Either do a long-desired Great Asia Tour (Singapore, Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai, Tokyo, etc.) or a trip to Ecuador to take a boat out to the Galapagos Islands (as a sort of rite of passage for Galapag.us). I’ll want company for these trips!